Sunday, July 21, 2013

Leaving

       For those of you who don't know, I'm a missionary girl from (or to?) Mexico, and I love it here. But my parents are talking about leaving. A few years ago one of the other missionary families here left, and now my parents may do the same. As I said, I love it here. The idea of leaving has made me cry several times, and I'm not a cry-y person.
       I've been trying hard to think of the positive things, such as being able to see Violet and Alex, two of my friends from the U.S., and being able to see my family, but it's really hard sometimes. I'm like a cat, I hate change.
       In a way I think this is happening as a learning experience. I've learned to be happy here, but I think God's trying to teach me to be happy in any circumstance. It's hard, but little by little He's changing my heart. More and more I'm becoming attached to the things, ideas, and plans of going there. Violet and I have talked about becoming roommates when we turn eighteen, and I love the idea of being able to see my cousins and other little ones grow up.
       In my heart, I know that Mexico will always be my home, that I will always love it and long for it. But maybe, just maybe, I can learn to love this too.

No comments:

Post a Comment