Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Done!

     I have finished my first ever first draft! It totals at 8 chapters, 68 pages, and 23,611 words. I have once again fallen in love with the story and will begin editing it later and will eventually publish it. So excited!!!

   So, as I am done with that one (for now) I will begin a new novel. Well, two actually. One is a true novel which shall be my focus. It is currently named The Milk-fed Dragon, and it is about a little dragon named Kahia who is adopted by humans. In this world dragons are fed fire by their mothers so that they can breathe it later in life, but milk puts their fire out. Not knowing this, her adoptive parents feed her milk from their cow. She lived a very happy, fireless life until one day she comes home to find her family gone. Her search for them also brings her to know her aunt and cousin, who have watched her at a distance for years.
     The other one is a children's story. My little brother Kai is six, and I've been trying to convince him to let me teach him to read. (An activity complicated by the fact that he's learning two languages and is supposed to learn Spanish first) He asked me if reading "takes you on an adventure". I told him yes, but that he would have to wait until he was older to read those books. So I've decided that I want to change that by writing novels of a low reading level that have good plot. It's going to be a four book series, each increasing in reading level and complexity.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! Don't you feel so accomplished when you finish a novel???? Best feeling in the world!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Actually it wasn't as grand as I thought it would be. I think I was kind of tired of it by the time I was done. Plus, that thing is in need of some major rewriting. I hope I can capture that feeling with the next one though!

    ReplyDelete